Tonight's update will be in list form for a couple of reasons: I'm not feeling very writery tonight and the updates are so random that transitions will be messy. Onward!
1. Did I tell you about the Progress Report we got? Every month we get a medical checklist of her progress, but we've never gotten a PR. It was basically an explanation of "a day in the life of." It told about her likes, dislikes, sleeping habits, favorite foods, favorite playmates, etc. It was precious. I know every single parent cherishes those nuggets about his/her child, and it's no different for us so I won't bore you with it all. She likes the things most every baby likes, such as dancing to music and reading books. And she's outdoorsy. I'm not. I learned that today when I participated in the Sozo Adventure Race. Wow. That's intense. I did have fun, and I have proof. :)
That's me in the red. Can you see the mud WALL in front of me? Yeah, my laughing stopped when I realized that was next.
Anyway, back to G. Getting the PR made her come to life for us. She feels more real now that we can imagine her giggling when she knows she's going outside, or snuggling in someone's neck as they rock her to sleep. She's not just a checklist baby anymore. I'm not sure how often PRs get sent out because this was our first one. Maybe this will become a monthly thing too.
2. 5K planning is well on it's way for sure! Sozo was nice enough to put advertisements in their goody bags today for our run. We have enough sponsors now to get the race off the ground financially. Any additional funding will go towards the "bells and whistles" of making a good 5K. As it stands right now, we are hosting a very basic 5K. But it will ROCK! I'm feeling very good about where we are in the registrants, volunteers, and sponsors. And I've recently found businesses to donate prizes. You know you don't want to miss out on this so go now and sign up!
3. Kevin and some buddies are planning another fundraiser for June. Apparently it's very top secret because the only thing that's for sure "real" is the name: Pop Goes the 90s! Once I know more, you'll know more. He's laughing at me right now as I type this. Silly boy.
4. Now for the two biggest questions I've gotten lately. When will we travel? I know we've been waiting a few months, and we thought once EPs started moving again that we would know a better date range. Well, we don't. All we know is that prayerfully we will go sometime this year. That is just an assumption, we haven't heard that from anyone. What's the hold up? The easy answer to that is paperwork. We are simply waiting on her documents to go the courts. From there it should be about another month before travel. God has been good to give us lots of peace during this time. Neither of us feel anxious or worried, which is good since that's sinful. We are excited to meet G whenever the Lord opens the door.
How can you join us in prayer?
- 5K planning and fundraising
- that our hearts would be molded and prepared for attachment and transition issues
- that G's heart would be molded and prepared for leaving her home and attaching to us (Remember, we know we are matched, she doesn't.)
- that Foster Family will continue loving her and caring for her
- that her developmental delays will make progress