Gia's EP was submitted today!
We got the email today. I was at church working and I took a quick break to check my email and Twitter and FB....all the necessities, ya know. Anyway, I saw that a Holt email had come through, which was odd because they normally update on Mondays. Plus, I've been under the impression that we wouldn't have more updates until at least September. Well, surprise surprise, Korea submitted another batch of EPs TODAY, and we were in it!
I just stood there in the church hallway tearing up and trying to call Kevin. It doesn't matter how long we wait, those big moments always catch me off guard. Even though we know the news is coming, there's something surreal about actually reading it. I'm sure the travel call will be the same, whenever that may happen.
Which brings me to the FAQ section...
- What does "EP submission" mean?
- The EP is her emigration permit. It's basically her permission to leave the country.
- How long does the submission take?
- All we know is approval takes about a month. Beyond that, who knows how long it will take.
- When will we travel?
- It will be at least a month because her EP will have to be approved. From what I understand, the travel call can happen anytime from approval to the end of the year. My personal assumption is about 8 weeks, but it will likely be longer.
- What else are we waiting on besides the EP approval? What takes so long to get the travel call?
- After her EP is approved (about a month), we still have to wait on her travel certificate, visa physical, P3 packet, and visa interview. We are not responsible for any of those things, so we're at the mercy of Holt, Holt-Korea, or the foster family to make sure those things are completed in a timely manner.
Please continue, more than ever, to pray for Gia's transition. This has been such a biggie to me in the last few months, and I continue to pray that God would prepare her for all the craziness that's about to happen in her little world. We covet your prayers for our transition as well, obviously.
Sending Hugs (sooner than later!)