waves

Friday, May 13, 2011

jewels, owls, and a yardsale

Your adornment must not be merely external--braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God.
1 Peter 3:3-4


Sorry I've been slow to blog lately. We've hit a nasty case of stagnancy. Kevin's background check came back fast so we were waiting on mine to clear before moving forward with anything else. At this point, nothing can be done until those checks are completed. I was enjoying the time "off" from organizing and filling out forms and then it happened. One fateful day I checked the mail to find an unusual envelope, something out of the ordinary to be in our mailbox. Because school is wrapping up and I'm busy grading papers and planning for final exams, I haven't been as mail-happy lately. I'm too focused on other things, sadly. So the curious little envelope was given a new home on the kitchen counter for about 3 days. Then, once I had time to breath, I came back to my senses, realized my mail obsession was back full force, and I opened all the goodies that had piled up. In said envelope I found this.


I am officially cleared for take-off, well, for adoption anyways. Those checks came back so much faster than I had expected! So, now we're working diligently to get the final packet of work sent back to Villa Hope. One of those items being our employment standings. Looks like we're in good standing and we get paid in real dollars. Whew! I've actually sent Kevin's band letter already, but we needed his church letter and my school info.



The second half of the homestudy is the interview process. Should be fun! I am really excited to get that started. To quote Angela from The Office, "I really enjoy being judged. I believe I hold up very well to even severe scrutiny." Ok, so I'm not that pumped about it, but I do think we'll make it out alive. The only thing that worries me is Kevin's busy busy travel schedule this summer. I want to get the interviews out of the way before he's MIA all summer long. Pray with me for good timing!

Now, I'd like to introduce you to a new friend of mine named Kelly Coppinger.



Kelly is a local artist that makes Dorkie Doors! Please check her out on Facebook under "dorkie doors" in Helena. I ran into her booth at Helena's monthly Trade Days and I fell in looooove with some decorative owls she made. Unfortunately, I didn't buy it at the time because I was convinced I would curse our homestudy if I bought something for the baby's room. Silly girl. I'm over that now so tonight Kevin and I went to Helena's annual Buck Creek Festival, found her booth, and ordered a custom owl. Oh, it's adorable! I cannot wait to get it so I can show you! And....are you ready for this?? She's agreed to donate a piece to our auction! The piece she's donating is a watermelon slice, just in time for summer. There is a picture on her FB page, and I'll post it here once she gets it made and delivered to me. You will love it, I know!

There's more!

The same day I discovered Kelly, I also found Julie Hand from Jewels Wired Up. She's another local artist who makes really cool jewelry. I have two pieces that I'm auctioning off and I'm hoping to hear from her soon about one more potential piece. Here's the goods you can bid on.


I love these so much! Purple is my go-to color these days so I was naturally drawn to them. I like the length.




They are simple enough to wear all the time but can be dressy too. Perfect!



I have found myself branching off into rings lately, which is probably why this caught my eye. It's cute! And the color is gorgeous.



My guess is it's a 6.5 or 7, but Julie said she could make it a smidge bigger, if needed. The way these rings are made will not allow her to tighten them.

If you aren't a jewelry person, remember these are great gift ideas!


I'll leave you with a teaser for our upcoming yard sale. This is just one load and it's not organized. TONS more stuff is coming and I'll post more detailed teasers as we get closer. Mark those calendars...May 28!







Sending Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment