waves

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

home study update/wreath winner

Today's meeting with Villa Hope was very productive. We were given lots of info to think through and tons of paperwork to read over and sign. Paperwork is no obstacle for me. Bring it! In the next week my goal is for us to get our "life story" written and get fingerprints done. I would like, too, to get Belle's vaccination records in hand. I didn't think she would have work to do! Ha ha! I was encouraged to hear that our entire home study could be completed within 2-3 months.

Getting this work done along with grad school and my teaching job is a lot. My prayer is that I'll stay steady and not get overwhelmed and shut down. I'm pumped about finally getting everything rolling, but I'm also seeing how much work is involved. Planning and organizing are the keys here. I might purchase new cutesy binders that will inspire me to organize all our new goodies. :)

Kevin has posted the sunglasses on eBay. Search under hugulkd so check them out.

Congrats, Deedra, for winning the book wreath! My sister asked me if there were two winners for that like there was for the other wreaths. I'll check on that and let you know. Deedra, I'll pass Michelle's email to you soon and let y'all get the detailed figured out. Don't forget to plug your donation into the paypal button. Thanks so much for supporting us!


Sending Hugs

4 comments:

  1. YAY! I thought about you yesterday and hoped that the meeting went well. You are going to love this journey and.... you are right.... organization and a big ole check off list makes it much easier. Think binders, dividers, tabs, sticky notes, gem clips, etc... I bet that's music to your teacher ears ; ) PB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happily keeping up with your journey! My mom was adopted, and it was such a blessing for her. :) I know you will bless the life of a child, and they will bless you too. I can't wait to see your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new adventure. We are just starting the process as well! I will follow yous if you willl follow mine...LOL. Praying your journey is smooth!

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys! It gets more real with each day. Fun adventure so far.

    ReplyDelete