waves

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

just sayin'

I have absolutely nothing to say tonight that is earth-shattering. Nothing that will make your jaw drop. Nothing that will require you to immediately text your friend to say You've GOT to read this blog tonight. Nothing of importance, truly. But I promise to stay on the topic of adoption since that's what this blog is about.

Don't say I didn't warn you... :)

We have some sweet friends, Johnny and Courtney Grimes, that are in the beginning phase of adoption. Check their site out and pray for them as they start this fun yet emotionally draining adventure. Their latest blog is about Ethiopia facts. It got me interested in facts about Korea. Plus, I've been telling a lot of people about Korea lately. The funny thing is, I don't really know that much. So, I did a little googling!

The flag...



The Korean flag is called Taegeukgi. Its design symbolizes the principles of the yin and yang in Asian philosophy. The circle in the center of the flag is divided into two equal parts. The upper red section represents the proactive cosmic forces of the yang. Conversely, the lower blue section represents the responsive cosmic forces of the yin. The two forces embody the concepts of continual movement, balance, and harmony that characterize the sphere of infinity. The circle is surrounded by four trigrams, one in each corner. Each trigram symbolizes one of the four universal elements: heaven, earth, fire, and water.

the national flower...

It's so cute!


the music...enjoy!

This is Miss Korea 2011 and WOW she's beautiful. Maybe my daughter will one day fill these shoes. And then I'll be a Toddlers and Tiaras mommy. :)

My new goal is to study more about Korea's history. I know so little about it, only that South Korea is very much westernized and looks a lot like America in many ways. North Korea is still a mystery to me. And I haven't fully grasped what caused the separation. If you're a history buff, feel free to shoot me some info.

Sending Hugs

1 comment:

  1. Oooo Miss Korea is beautiful! I now officially volunteer to be Gia's pageant coach ;) haha!

    ReplyDelete