waves

Sunday, March 20, 2011

anxious already

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."
Philippians 4:6


Kevin made a surprise visit home today! And while that meant good hang time and grass cutting, it was also a prime opportunity for us to fill out home study forms. We sent off the Holt forms last week (they are being processed), but the home study will be done through a different company called Villa Hope. As soon as I figured out that VH would conduct our home study, I contacted them to basically say How do I get things moving? I didn't even wait for Holt to tell me what to do. VH emailed me their packet/application with directions, but I've been waiting on Kevin since I can't really forge his signature. Tonight was Villa Hope night at the Huguleys! I have a large envelope here ready to be mailed first thing tomorrow morning with our initial check. One of many, I'm sure. I'm so anxious to get everything going that I'm afraid I'm moving out of order. Does Holt have to contact VH and tell them about us? Do we have to wait for VH to call us after talking to Holt? Who knows!
After getting all the paperwork together, I immediately emailed Villa Hope to ask if our home study could possibly be finished by the end of May. WOW! Talk about shooting for the stars. In the midst of all this, I was gently reminded that God commands us to be anxious for nothing. Nothing. Even when it's something as dear as adoption. The Greek word for anxious means, from my little research, "to promote one's interests" or "troubled with cares." I was taken aback by the first definition. Am I promoting my own interests in all of this? Yes. I am so excited about being obedient to God's call of adoption, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited about having my own child. And the sooner the better. I have been encouraged with stories of one year (or shorter) adoption, and I'm spoiled. In my head our adoption is one of those fast ones. God might have another plan that will drag it out longer than what I want, but that's just it...what I want is not always best.

I am to be anxious for nothing, but pray for everything.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I'm a little behind on getting caught up on all your blogs, but Villa Hope is the agency we went through! They were super friendly and very helpful back then, so hopefully your experience with them will be the same. :)

    Blessings!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete